This course is designed for people who want to receive training in first aid. It is especially suited for nominated first aiders in low – medium risk working environments.
This course covers first aid protocols for adult casualties only.
The training for the First Aid at Work will give learners basic life-saving first aid skills, as well as an understanding of workplace health and safety regulations, requirements and responsibilities.
This qualification is achieved in 3 days.
To register for this qualification, learners are required to be 16 years of age or above.
WHAT DOES THE QUALIFICATION COVER?
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first-aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection;
- The need for recording incidents and actions;
- Use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation incorporating the use of an AED;
- Administer first-aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administer first-aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding (minor and severe);
- Administer first-aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters);
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries;
- Administer first-aid to a casualty who is displaying chest pains;
- Administer first-aid to a casualty who has eye injuries;
- Provide appropriate first aid for major injuries (inluding chest pains, injuries to their eyes, bones, muscles and joints, low blood sugar);
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is poisoned;
- Administer first aid to a casualty with spinal injuries
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE ME TO ACHIEVE THIS QUALIFICATION?
The total qualification time (TQT) for this qualification is 18 hours.
Each day includes two 15 minute breaks, and a 45 minute allowance for lunch.
COST OF COURSE:
£315 per learner
(£295 + VAT)
HOW TO REGISTER TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
FAW Course availability can be viewed on our BOOK A COURSE page.
Alternatively, we welcome you to contact our office.
Phone: 01382 322330
Mobile / WhatsApp: 07858415722.
Please let us know how your course is to be funded on your initial contact with us:
- or funded by Skills Development Scotland ITA (Individual Training Accounts can help with upto £200 funding towards your course cost depending on candidate eligibility).
Available courses through ITA Funding for Hawkhill Training can be found and applied for through Skills Development Scotland here.