Welcome to our News & Updates page!
Here you can find out whats new at Hawkhill Training Services.
Hawkhill Training Services is now approved by Highfield Qualifications for the delivery of the Highfield Level 2 Certificate in Event Security Operations (RQF)
Upon completion of the award, the learner meets the requirements at section 4.10 b of the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds, “Green Guide”.
The objective of the qualification is to prepare learners for employment as an event steward providing learners with knowledge, understanding and skills in health and safety, responding to a variety of situations during events, managing the movement of spectators, managing conflict situations, responding to emergencies and providing information and advice. In addition to the mandatory content, there are several optional units that provide flexibility in meeting both learners’ and employers’ needs.
Hawkhill Training Services is now approved by Highfield Qualifications for the delivery of the Level 2 Award in Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events (RQF)
It is specifically suited to volunteers at spectator events supporting more experienced staff. Upon completion of the award, the learner meets the requirements at section 4.10 b of the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds, “Green Guide”.
Following discussions with Scottish Government, Skills Development Scotland (SDS) is pleased to confirm the Individual Training Account scheme (ITA) will reopen to new applications from 19 June 2023.
SDS will accept up to 6,000 applications for funding this year. The scheme will close to new applicants for this financial year when these have been taken up, or on March 31, whichever comes first.
Hawkhill Training Services is an ITA Approved Centre which can accept learners through the ITA Funding Process. All our courses are eligible and can be viewed on our website.
To find out more about ITA Funding, including the eligibility criteria, visit our website
Hawkhill Training Services now has full approval for the delivery of SIA Licence Linked Qualifications after what has been a bumpy road for all those involved – With added pressures from the covid-19 pandemic, we have managed to resecure our approval by Highfield HABC to commence the delivery of the following courses:
- Highfield Award for Door Supervisors in the Private Security Industry (Scotland) at SCQF Level 6
- Highfield Award for Door Supervisors in the Private Security Industry (Top Up) (Scotland)
- Highfield Award for Security Officers in the Private Security Industry (Scotland) at SCQF Level 6
- Highfield Award for Security Officers in the Private Security Industry (Top Up) (Scotland)
We are proud to announce that we are now officially a FAIB [First Aid Industry Body] Approved Training Centre for the delivery of our First Aid Certifications.
FAIB was created in 2012, complies with the requirements of the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and gives the Assurance to every Employer about the Standards that are required by Training Organisations within First Aid Training Industry.
FAIBs Mission is simple:
• To produce the highest quality of First Aid Training in the Industry.
• To encourage more people to become First Aiders.
• To keep costs for Training Organisations (and consequently their customers) at a realistic level.
• To keep Training Providers informed of changes in the Industry.
•To encourage networking of Training Providers.
• The Body will be “Run by the Industry for the Industry” by listening to our customers.