This course is designed for people who want to receive training in emergency first aid. It is especially suited for nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk working environments, such as small offices. The course covers first aid protocols for adult casualties only.
The training for the EFAW qualification equips you with basic life-saving first aid skills, as well as an understanding of workplace health and safety regulations.
This qualification is achieved in 1 day.
To register for this qualification, learners are required to be 16 years of age or above.
This qualification is approved for delivery to learners aged 16+
WHAT DOES THE QUALIFICATION COVER?
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first-aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection;
- The need for recording incidents and actions;
- Use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation incorporating the use of an AED;
- Administer first-aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administer first-aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administer first-aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters);
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE ME TO ACHIEVE THIS QUALIFICATION?
The total qualification time (TQT) for this qualification is 7 hours.
This includes two 15 minute breaks, and a 30 minute allowance for lunch.
COST OF COURSE:
£132 per learner
(£110 + VAT)
HOW TO REGISTER TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
EFAW Course availability can be viewed on our BOOK A COURSE page.
Alternatively, we welcome you to contact our office.
Phone: 01382 322330
Mobile / WhatsApp: 07858415722.
Please let us know how your course is to be funded on your initial contact with us:
- or funded by Skills Development Scotland ITA (Individual Training Accounts can help with upto £200 funding towards your course cost depending on candidate eligibility).
Available courses through ITA Funding for Hawkhill Training can be found and applied for through Skills Development Scotland here.